This quilt came into my studio and was made by two gals that had full run of a ladies sewing room once a week for six-seven months. They had made/completed several projects of their own and made this little surprise for her. It was said that she always signs her cards with X’s and O’s, so the quilting design was only fitting for this little gem.
Yesterday, I spent the afternoon with my quilting family who have adopted me as not only their Long Arm Quilter but as a family member. Each person is a quilter ranging from Master, Expert, Experienced, Novice, Beginner and every aspect I didn’t mention. It is such a joy for me to see the love of sewing and quilting being passed on through these 3 generations as it was in my own family; from my Grandmothers, Mom and on to me.
This quilt was put together with a very thick layer of batting and knotted in the center of each block. The recipient wished to have more stitching placed throughout the quilt to give it additional stabilization. I did not want to take all the layers apart, instead I pinned a strip of fabric on the top and bottom before putting it on my frame. It took some maneuvering to feed the thickness under the hopping foot; I believe the end result turned out fairly well.
This king size quilt has an elegance of its own before the quilting began. Each print block was quilted with scroll work and the plain blocks were filled with a feather wreath design. The borders were combined with one design.
Crosshatching was used on each pineapple with a background design placed around them in the block. Two separate borders wrap around this wonderful display of fruit.
An adorable panel was used in this traffic quilt top. The pattern Lost by Anne Bright was quilted edge to edge using Superior’s Fantastico thread on top and Bottom Line in the bobbin.
This red, white & tan floral was quilted edge to edge with a pattern called Gingko1 by Vickie Malaski. Omni Colonial Gray thread on top and matching color Bottom Line thread in the bobbin.
Ready for the quilting frame…
Let the Quilting begin…
Quilting complete…ready for binding
What a beautiful applique quilt…
This quilt was brought to me by my client Maxine and was pieced by her friend in Texas. Two layers of high-loft batting was used to create the extra puffiness. It was quilted using the Stars & Loops Panto edge to edge.
A Billowy Pantograph pattern was placed across this quilt using Omni’s Little Boy Blue thread.